Monday, March 5, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


Although it's late in the day, this post is still happening!
Today marks a turning point for me. I have decided that I'm going to eat more fruits and veggies in an attempt to lose weight. There, I said it! To tell the truth, I hardly eat any veggies, and few fruits if I'm revealing all. If I could sum up my eating habits in one word, it would be CARBS!

Weight Watchers has worked for me, but still, I find that I'm eating few veggies. Eventually, the whole thing grows tiresome and I fall off the wagon. So starting tomorrow, there's going to be a new breakfast and lunch menu (for me): Smoothies. After some reasearch today, tomorrow will find me in the grocery store buying fresh and frozen fruit and fresh green veggies, along with a few other ingredients. Below, you will see the smoothies I will incorporate into each day, except Sunday. The goal is to have a smoothie at breakfast (typically all fruit/protein) and one at lunch (here come the veggies), and then eat a regular dinner with the family. I will also try to do this on Saturdays, but I figured Sundays will be my smoothie-free day, unless I'm just absolutely craving one.

I'll report next week how this first week went, and if I'm totally going to chuck it out the window, along with the other 4 attempts with Weight Watchers! By the way, if you have any great smoothie recipes, please post them here!

Monday: Chicken & Sweet Potatoes with veggie and fruit
Tuesday: Waffles with fruit
Wednesday: Sandwiches
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Tacos
Saturday: Sandwiches
Sunday: Leftovers (No Hope Group)

Smoothie Menu:
Monday: Banana Raspberry (breakfast), Sweet Veggie (lunch)
Tuesday: Pomegranite (breakfast), Green Smoothie (lunch)
Wednesday: Apple Cinnamon (breakfast), Green Coconut (lunch)
Thursday: Berry Breakfast (b-fast), Kale Smoothie (lunch)
Friday: Lemon Kiwi (b-fast), Green Smoothie (lunch)
Saturday: Protein Smoothie (b-fast), Sweet Veggie (lunch)
Sunday: Off Day

What's on your menu this week?

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NIV

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete